Yes I am grateful for many things but let’s focus on Wine -Thanksgiving.
1) Thankful for the fact that many Americans fear Riesling. As a purveyor of fine wines this has been frustrating but at Thanksgiving I relish it for it means great deals for me. Rieslings can be the perfect pairing to many thanksgiving dishes. Its clean flavors and piercing acidity can cut through the weight of many t-day dishes.
2) Thankful for the many small winemakers around the world for being the true artisans they are. No way to fake it to make it in this arena.
3) Thankful for the awareness and education of wine to the populace. I remember back in 1997 nobody had really heard of a sommelier or knew what body or acid meant when it came to wine. Today, almost everyone I come in contact with has a base level of knowledge or wants to learn. I no longer speak a foreign language!
4) Thankful for having Wine Unleashed for 10 years and The Wine Wheel for 17 years and sold almost 3/4 of a million of those wheels. And VERY thankful for my partners in business to get to this point.
5) Thankful for the people I meet through wine. Of course I love meeting winemakers and people in the biz but I love meeting people through what type of wine the like to drink.
I am truly thankful for all that I have been blessed with but this is wine blog after all!
Angela Camacho, a certified sommelier and author of a best selling wine tool, The Wine Wheel®, shares her obsession with wine and food.